Fields of application
- used to absorb fluids and to dissect out tissue during ophthalmological and microsurgical procedures
- precise application of pharmaceuticals
- absorb up to 15 times their own weight in fluids
- very low-linting, even after being cut to size
- causes only a slight foreign body sensation
Pro-ophta Lancet Sponges are made of highly absorbent polyvinyl alcohol and can absorb up to 15 times their own weight
in fluids. They have become especially popular for trabeculectomies, for example. Pro-ophta Lancet Sponges are also excellent aids in cases where there are complications,
such as suspected vitreous humour leak during vitrectomy. The material is very low-linting and biocompatible, and minimises the feeling of having a foreign body in the eye.
Users can also take advantage of the Pro-ophta Lancet Sponges’ high degree of absorbency to apply medicinal products to the conjunctiva precisely where needed: The front part of the triangular swab is simply cut off. The swab becomes saturated with the selected medicine and can then deliver it precisely to the desired site. After about a minute of exposure to the medicine, the swab is removed. Pro-ophta Lancet Sponges have also become established tools outside ophthalmology, in microsurgical procedures.
Tip: 100% polyvinyl alcohol.
Pro-ophta® Lancet Sponges
|REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|