Cellona® Synthetic Undercast Padding
Fields of application
- for protection of exposed bones and nerves under plaster of Paris or synthetic casts
- padding underneath splints, zinc paste bandages (Unna’s boot), adhesive bandages and compression bandages
- in wound care: as an air-permeable padding material in combination with textile wound dressings or paraffin gauze dressings
- soft, elastic, fine fibrous web
- fibres are connected tightly enough for circular application
- fibres can be separated where needed by pulling lightly
- does not absorb moisture
- sterilizable by steam (max.134°C) if needed
The smart padding
The Synthetic Undercast Padding can be used for a number of different applications. In addition to its protective function under plaster of Paris and synthetic casts, it is used as padding for splints and compression bandages. In wound care, the synthetic cotton wool is used for padding when combined with textile dressings or paraffin gauze dressings.
Cotton-wool soft for virtually crease-free application
The fine fibrous web is dense enough to be applied in a circular fashion, but can be torn off where needed with little effort and prevents bulging making it comfortable to wear. The material is also well suited for treating narrow areas of the body such as the thumb because it can be tapered by pulling on it lightly in the lengthwise direction. An adhesive effect inherent to the material makes the padding easier to apply and to smooth out.
Good padding for wearing comfort
What makes the synthetic undercast padding a good option is its permeability to air and its temperature equalization. The fibres do not absorb moisture so casts can set more rapidly. The synthetic undercast padding comes in normal and sterile versions.
100% polyester fibres; no optical brighteners.
Cellona® Synthetic Undercast Padding, non-sterile
|Size (cm x m)||REF||Shipping Units (rolls)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|5 x 2.7||92840||96||–/1.82|
|6 x 3||10686||6/60||0.22/2.30|
|10 x 3||10687||4/40||0.22/2.30|
|40 x 10||10697||1/4||0.49/2.04|
|4 x 3||10690||108||–/1.68|
|6 x 3||10692||72||–/1.65|
|10 x 3||10694||48||–/1.77|
|15 x 3||10695||36||–/2.00|
|20 x 3||10696||24||–/1.77|
|20 x 2.7||92844||24||–/1.77|