Fields of application
- for moulding semi-rigid casts following fractures, surgery and orthopaedic correction
- for treating joint and bone disorders and ligament and tendon injuries
- particularly suitable for moulding children’s casts
- focussed immobilization
- semi-rigid casting tape
- thin, lightweight and flexible
- has diagonal and widthwise stretch
- fine structure
- very good moulding properties
- excellent lamination
- X-ray transparent
- All conventional plaster of Paris casting techniques, such as splitting, windowing and combining with Cellona Shoecast, are also possible with Cellacast Soft.
- Wearing gloves is recommended when working with this product
- drying time: 3-4 min.
- can be removed with cast scissors
- recommended water temperature: 20 to 25°C
- Combined use with Cellacast Xtra Splint increases stability in specific areas.
- Cellacast hook-and-loop tapes are also available for the retention of splints and braces for focussed immobilization.
- Cellacast Hook Tape:
- Cellacast Loop Tape:
- both versions made from dark blue polyamide rolled in a cardboard dispenser
(Im)mobile in motion
Immobilization can cause muscle atrophy and stiff joints. In cases of injury, a semi-rigid casting tape is especially recommended whenever functional immobilization is possible. Cellacast Soft preserves the functionality of muscles and tendons aiding the healing process and subsequent rehabilitation.
Comfort for patients and healthcare professionals
Because it uses fewer layers, Cellacast Soft can be used to apply semi-rigid casts which are comfortable to wear. In just a few steps the function-preserving casting tape can be applied directly over the tg soft tubular padding bandage and moulded to the contours of the patient’s body. The hardened casting tape can be cut open with scissors and trimmed to fit if needed.
Stable positioning with splints
The practical, rigid Cellacast Xtra Splint can be used to make Cellacast Soft
more stable in specific areas. The splint immobilizes any area where movement is to be prevented, while the semi-rigid area simultaneously allows controlled movement.
fibreglass fabric impregnated with polyurethane resin
Cellacast® Soft Casting Tape
|Size (cm x m)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|2.5 x 1.8||23721||10/40||0.36/1.69|
|5.0 x 3.6||23722||10/40||0.92/3.94|
|7.5 x 3.6||23723||10/40||1.35/5.75|
|10.0 x 3.6||23724||10/40||1.76/7.43|
|12.5 x 3.6||23725||10/40||2.15/8.97|
|5.0 x 3.6||23726||10/40||0.93/3.95|
|7.5 x 3.6||23727||10/40||1.37/5.82|
|10.0 x 3.6||23728||10/40||1.80/7.57|
|12.5 x 3.6||23729||10/40||2.18/9.09|
|5.0 x 3.6||26900||10/40||0.92/3.98|
|7.5 x 3.6||26901||10/40||1.35/5.40|