Fields of application
- for postoperative/posttraumatic immobilization of the ankle
- ankle is enclosed from both the medial and lateral side resulting in safe stabilization (U-splint effect)
- prevents the ankle from rolling which may result in ligament tears or overstretching of the lateral ligaments
- high wearing comfort afforded by anatomically shaped shells, wide closure straps and a soft, individually adjustable stirrup
- skin-friendly inside padding
- easy application ensured by the application instructions on the product
- Colour: blue/black
- machine wash at 30°C, do not iron, do not tumble dry, do not bleach, do not dry clean
- close hook-and-loop fasteners before washing
- different versions for the right and left wrist
Ankle stability is the key issue
Stabilization and protection of the ankle based on the recognized principle of action of the standard U splint: the Cellacare Malleo Akut stabilization orthosis is used both for ligament tears/partial ligament tears and severe sprains of the lateral collateral ligaments and for ligament instability. It is primarily used in the first few weeks after acute injury, but also postoperatively after ankle ligament suturing or reconstruction. The Cellacare Malleo surrounds the ankle enclosing both the medial malleolus and lateral malleolus and thus preventing the ankle from rolling which may result in ligament tears or overstretching of the lateral ligaments.
high treatment safety for doctors and patients
The stabilizing support offers high wearing comfort a result of the anatomically shaped hard shells with wide fastening straps and a soft stirrup and of the comfortably textured, skin-friendly lining. There are instructions on the product itself for easy application. The orthosis can be worn comfortably with street shoes. Because it functions through a known mechanism of action, it offers high treatment safety and, because the stirrup is adjustable, the fit of the support can be adjusted directly on the patient’s foot.
Polyethylene, polyester microfibres, polyurethane, polyamide, polypropylene.
Cellacare® Malleo Akut
|Size||For Body Size (m)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|right foot version|
|left foot version|