Fields of application
- treatment of post-acute fibular ligament ruptures and severe lateral ligament sprains
- injuries to the calcaneocuboid ligaments
- chronic ankle instability
- inflammatory and degenerative dysfunction of the upper and lower ankle joint
- postoperative care (protection and rehabilitation after ligament reconstruction)
- prophylaxis or relapse prophylaxis in recreational and competitive sports
- patented forefoot strap assembly can limit anterior talar displacement in ligament rupture
- modular design provides phase-oriented mobilization of the patient
- removable stabilization shells limit ankle pronation and supination thus providing support
- knit part exerts mild compression to promote regression of oedema
- circular straps and heel strap hold the ankle brace in place
- different versions for right and left sides
- colour: black/grey/orange
- machine washable at 30°C using a delicate cycle
(without stabilization shells)
- close the hook-and-loop fastener before washing
- the supportive effect of Cellacare Tarsotec can be increased by wearing a lace-up shoe.
Immobilization of the joint is the first step in the treatment of sprains or ligament rupture. The new Cellacare Tarsotec ankle support can be stripped down to enable phase-oriented support and mobilization of the patient.
- it ensures rapid remobilization of the patient
- the modular design provides phase-oriented mobilization of the patient
Cellacare Tarsotec’s rated highly in an independent study
It achieved the highest score of “good” - the result of an independent study conducted for Cellacare Tarsotec on 14 ankle supports by the Institute for Bioengineering at the Aachen University of Applied Sciences, published in the June 2013 issue of the journal “Orthopädische und Unfallchirurgische Praxis”*.
During the study, a total of 14 ankle supports was studied to find out how well they limited talar tilt and anterior talar displacement after fibular ligament rupture. In both study categories (talar tilt, anterior talar displacement), Cellacare Tarsotec was assessed as “good”. According to the authors of the study, Cellacare® Tarsotec is to be “particularly recommended for conservative early functional treatment of fibular ligament rupture”*.
* Orthopädie und Traumatologie, A. Ficklscherer, 2nd edition, Elsevier GmbH,
* Linden A, Fischöder M, van Laack W, Staat M: Einschränkung von Taluskippung und -vorschub durch Sprunggelenkorthesen nach fibularer Bandruptur. OUP 2013; 6: 306–309.
cotton, polyamide, elastane, polyurethane, polyester, polyethylene, polypropylene, sisal, polyvinyl chloride.
|REF||Shipping Unit (Pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|Version for right foot|
|Version for left foot|