Fields of application
- immobilization in cases of posttraumatic/postoperative irritation in the wrist or in the metacarpophalangeal or carpometacarpal joint
- thumb osteoarthritis, ulnar ligament lesion (‘skier's thumb’), STT osteoarthritis, tenosynovitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains
- immobilization of the thumb in a functional abducted/opposed position
- The motion of the fingers and thumb (pinch gripping function) is retained.
- breathable, three-dimensional knitted fabric provides high wearing comfort
- two mouldable volar aluminium stays and a thermoplastic insert in the thumb region for individualized stabilization
- easy to apply thanks to an application aid and straps which go through plastic loops attached on alternate sides
- colour: blue/black
- different versions for the right and left wrist
- machine wash at 30°C, do not iron, do not tumble dry, do not bleach, do not dry clean
- remove the thermoplastic insert and aluminium stays and close all hook-and-loop fasteners before washing
Stabilization for the thumb and wrist
Overuse injuries and degeneration in the hands requires special treatment. The Cellacare Rhizocast Thumb/Wrist Support can be used for tenosynovitis or thumb osteoarthritis, for example.
The thumb/wrist support features a breathable three-dimensional knitted fabric with two volar aluminium stays and a thermoplastic insert in the thumb section which provides individualized levels of stabilization. This thumb/wrist support, which immobilizes the thumb in a functional abducted or opposed position and has reinforcements, protects the thumb from external physical influences. Despite its stabilizing function the metacarpophalangeal joints still have a full range of motion and the finger/thumb gripping motion remains fully functional.
Features which make this support easy to use
The thumb/wrist support has an application aid and its retention straps go through plastic loops on alternating sides to make it easier to put on. Is is used for immobilization in cases of posttraumatic/postoperative irritation in the wrist or in the metacarpophalangeal or carpometacarpal joint. This brace is also used for thumb arthritis, ulnar ligament lesions (skier’s thumb), STT osteoarthritis, tenosynovitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and sprains.
Polyester, polyurethane, cotton, elastane, polyamide, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, aluminium, steel.
|Size||Wrist Circumference (cm)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|right hand version|
|2||17 - 24||19805||1/20||0.16/3.58|
|left hand version|
|2||17 - 24||19802||1/20||0.16/3.58|