- quick and broad antimicrobial efficacy, including for MRSA and VRE
- ability to absorb high volumes of exudate promotes wound healing
- conforms to any wound bed (gel formation by ion exchange)
- reducing the microbial burden in the wound bed and trapping the microbes in the gel
- Please note for infected wounds:
use occlusive secondary dressing only if the doctor so decides based on the overall situation.
Suprasorb A + Ag’s combination of natural calcium alginate and antimicrobial silver cleans the wound and reduces bacteria. Suprasorb A + Ag is the wound dressing for heavily exuding wounds which are infected or at risk of infection. The silver ions released upon contact with the wound exudate can act directly at the wound surface because the calcium alginate forms a gel.
Suprasorb A + Ag has a broad antimicrobial spectrum of action and can also be used for clinically manifest infections. Bacteria and germs are trapped in the gel and killed. This dressing is also effective for MRSA and VRE. Suprasorb A + Ag’s material properties are the same as those of the calcium alginate dressing Suprasorb A. Suprasorb A + Ag is available in the form of a dressing or packing rope.
- Cleanse the wound according to the usual standard and then carefully dab the area around the wound dry with sterile wound dressing pads.
- Put Suprasorb A + Ag loosely in the wound. For deep or fissured wounds, loosely insert Suprasorb A + Ag packing rope.
- Depending on the degree of exudate, secure with an appropriate dressing, e.g. Vliwasorb.
Dressing change interval
The dressing change interval is determined by the treating physician based on wound condition, infection status, degree of exudate and secondary dressing*; after 5-7 days** at the latest.
- * Advice for infected wounds: use occlusive secondary dressing only if the doctor so decides based on the overall situation.
- ** Some advice for infected wounds: The dressing should be changed daily.
Suprasorb® A + Ag
|Size (cm)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|5 x 5||20570||10/100||0.07/0.68|
|10 x 10||20571||10/50||0.15/0.78|
|10 x 20||20572||5/20||0.15/0.61|
|30 cm, 2 g||20573||5/20||0.11/0.45|