Suprasorb C is a native, absorbable collagen sponge which actively accelerates healing. Its pure, open-pore collagen enables it to treat wounds naturally to full effect: Suprasorb C forms a gel when it comes into contact with wound exudate, quickly and efficiently absorbing factors that inhibit wound healing for example, along with the wound fluid. Suprasorb C also supports physical haemostasis in the wound.
In each phase of the wound healing process Suprasorb C brings the wound into equilibrium. It binds to factors which inhibit wound healing, such as proteases, radicals and cytokines and protects growth factors which promote wound healing. This stimulates fibroblast migration for the formation of granulation tissue and promotes the regeneration of epidermal cells.
Suprasorb C’s 3-phase effect provides reliable treatment: in the exudation phase by cleansing the wound and optimising the wound environment, in the granulation phase by stimulating granulation tissue and in the epithelialization phase by accelerating re-epithelialization.
- rapid exudate absorption and gel formation; factors that inhibit wound healing are bound to the dressing
- released collagen activates wound healing and protects growth factors
Have you come across this in your practice?
Wound healing disorders in patients with chronic wounds.
- High levels of chemical messengers which increase inflammation (cytokines) are present.
- Enzymes which break down proteins (proteases) inhibit wound healing.
- Growth factors and fibroblasts which regulate healing are reduced.
Suprasorb C actively brings the wound into balance, demonstrably* accelerating wound healing. A chronic problem wound can become a healing wound.
- * References: Andriessen, A., Polignano, R., Abel, M. (2009): Monitoring the microcirculation to evaluate dressing performance in patients with venous leg ulcers. Journal of Wound Care (2009) 18 (4): pp 145-150.
Dressing change interval
The dressing change interval is determined by the treating physician based on wound condition, degree of exudate and secondary dressing, but after 5-7 days* at the latest.
- * Moistening Suprasorb C lightly with physiological saline solution or Ringer's solution is recommended for lightly exuding wounds.
|Size (cm)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|4 x 6 x 0,8||20481||5/225||0.04/1.96|
|6 x 8 x 0,8||20482||5/180||0.07/2.46|
|8 x 12 x 0,8||20483||5/90||0.11/2.01|
Press release L&R: Chronisch-stagnierende Wunden: Aus der Flaute - volle Fahrt Richtung...
Author: Citation: ZfW (2003) 4: 149-152. Type: Reviews and brochures, Case series reports Main Products: Suprasorb® C,Suprasorb® C Supporting Products: Summary:
G-C-P - Die chronisch-stagnierende Wunde aus der Sicht der ambulanten Pflege.
Author: Zimpfer, F. Citation: Lecture. Annual congress of the German Society for wound healing and wound care (DGfW), Augsburg. 26 - 27 June 2003. Type: Reviews and brochures Main Products: Suprasorb® C Supporting Products: Summary:
Die erfolgreiche Anwendung von Suprasorb C Kollagen-Wundverband bei neun Patienten mit vorwiegend...
Author: Boom, M, Vijverberg, A., Vijverberg, L. Citation: Poster. Annual congress of the German Society for wound healing and wound care (DGfW), Weimar, 23. - 24. Sept. 2004. Type: Case series reports, Case series reports, Case series reports, Case series reports Main Products: Suprasorb® C,Suprasorb® C,Suprasorb® C,Suprasorb® C Supporting Products: Suprasorb® A,Suprasorb® P,Suprasorb® F, steril,Suprasorb® G Amorphes Gel Summary: