Fields of application
- lightly to moderately exuding wounds
- superficial or deep wounds
- wounds at risk of infection
- infected wounds
- in all phases of wound healing, e.g.:
- ulcers of various origins
- 2nd degree burns
- split-thickness skin donor and grafting sites
- postoperative wounds
- abrasions, lacerations
- quick and broad antimicrobial efficacy, including for MRSA and VRE
- pain reduction without additional medication
- wound healing through the unique HydroBalance effect (regulation of moisture)
- very comfortable because of its soft and supple structure
- Some advice for infected wounds: use occlusive secondary dressing only if the doctor so decides based on the overall situation.
Suprasorb X + PHMB is the moisture-regulating, antimicrobial wound dressing for lightly to moderately exuding wounds which are at risk of infection or infected. In addition to the properties and advantages of Suprasorb X with biosynthetic HydroBalance fibres, Suprasorb X + PHMB also contains a proven antimicrobial agent: 0.3% polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB). PHMB realises the full potential of its broad antimicrobial spectrum of action both in the dressing and on the wound surface, effectively destroying micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi and yeasts.
Even with clinically manifest infections Suprasorb X + PHMB is very safe for medical staff and is well tolerated by patients. This dressing is also reliably effective for MRSA and VRE. For moist wound care, when choosing an appropriate secondary dressing (e.g. Suprasorb F*) make sure that Suprasorb X + PHMB remains moist in the wound area.
- Cleanse the wound according to the usual standard and then carefully dab the area around the wound dry with sterile wound dressing pads.
- Put Suprasorb X + PHMB on and mould it to the wound. If using the packing rope, fold it several times and put it loosely into the wound.
- Depending on the degree of exudate, secure with an appropriate secondary dressing: for non-infected wounds Suprasorb X with, for example, Suprasorb F*, Suprasorb P*.
Suprasorb X + PHMB in use.
Dressing change interval
The dressing change interval is determined by the treating physician based on wound condition, infection status, degree of exudate and secondary dressing*; after 5-7 days** at the latest.
- * Some advice on infected wounds: use occlusive secondary dressing only if the doctor so decides based on the overall situation.
- ** Some advice on infected wounds: The dressing should be changed daily.
Suprasorb® X + PHMB
|Size (cm)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|5 x 5||20540||5/90||0.07/1.32|
|9 x 9||20541||5/80||0.11/1.85|
|14 x 20||20542||5/65||0.30/4.02|
|2 x 21||20543||5/130||0.08/2.07|