Monofilament fibre dressing
“With Debrisoft debridement is an easy, safe and quick procedure which is virtually painless for patients”
Debrisoft is an easy, effective and virtually painless method of debridement that produces rapidly visible results which speak for themselves. It can be relied on to remove debris and exudate from wounds and skin flakes and keratosis from the surrounding skin. New granulation tissue and epithelial cells are spared.
- removes debris effectively in a quick and easy way
- spares newly formed granulation tissue and already established epithelial cells
- Patients perceived low debridement pain during the procedure with Debrisoft
Debrisoft. consists of polyester fibres, the reverse side is coated with polyacrylate.
The European Wound Management Association (EWMA) has published a document on the topic of debridement in which Debrisoft (monofilamnet fibre pad) is discussed.
The wound debrider: a new monofilament fibre technology.
Haemmerle G, Duelli H, Abel M, Strohal R.
British Journal of Nursing (2011) 20(6): S 35 - S 42 (deutsche Übersetzung in: Wundmanagement (2011) 4: 190–196)
A MONOFILAMENT PRODUCT AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO MECHANICAL DEBRIDEMENT OF THE WOUND BED AND PERIWOUND SKIN
Poster, Annual congress of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA), Vienna,Austria , 23-25 May 2012; EWMA Journal (2012) 12 (2): 229 (P 216)
The use of debridement pads in the management of children with severe Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB)
Poster. 23rd Conference of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA), 15.-17. May 2013, Copenhagen/Denmark
A POLIHEXANIDE CONTAINING BIO-CELLULOSE DRESSING IN THE TREATMENT OF PARTIAL-THICKNESS DERMAL BURNS
Alblas J, Klicks RJ
Poster, Annual congress of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA), Vienna,Austria , 23-25 May 2012; EWMA Journal (2012) 12 (2): 124 (P 5)
|Size (cm)||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|10 x 10||33223||5/50||0.06/1.22|
Fields of application
- rapid and effective debridement of wounds
- angled fibre tips for highly efficient results
- denser, softer fibre composite with 18 million fibres for gentle application
- sewn edge and a reinforced reverse side make Debrisoft easy to use
- reduces the number of pathogens adhering to the wound
- frees the wound of sloughs and dead cell residue (debris)
- absorbs excess exudate
- to be used for debridement only – must not be left on the wound
- can be used each time the wound dressing is changed, as required
- should be used until the wound is thoroughly cleansed and has progressed from the cleansing phase to the granulation phase
- a very good outcome can be achieved even with hyperkeratotic or necrotic wound debris, provided the wound has been previously treated with autolytic debridement
- the soft fibre side may be moistened with any common wound rinsing solution