Hydroactive Fibre Dressing
Suprasorb® Liquacel reduces the risk of maceration by vertically absorbing and transferring exudate to the secondary dressing. Suprasorb® Liquacel gels on contact with wound exudate, trapping exudate, debris and bacteria.
As Suprasorb® Liquacel is easy to cut when dry, it is easy to apply/pack. It is equally simple to remove. When moist, Suprasorb® Liquacel can be readily removed in one piece. This minimises the risk of dressing residue being left in the wound.
* The properties mentioned above refer to the current in vitro data.
Product compositioncellulose fibres, cellulose ethyl sulfonate fibre
|Dimensions (cm)||REF||Shipping units|
|5 x 5||33435||10/100|
|10 x 10||33436||10/100|
|15 x 15||33437||5/50|
|45 x 2||33438||5/50|
Fields of application
For the care of acute and chronic superficial or deep wounds with low to high levels of exudate
- lower leg ulcer
- pressure ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- 2nd degree burns
- lacerations, cuts and abrasions
- traumatic wounds and wounds that tend to bleed
- skin graft donor sites
- helps to protect the wound edge and the skin surrounding the wound
- effective exudate management promotes the healing process
- simple to use when moist as can be removed in one piece
- vertical absorption and transfer of exudate to the secondary dressing
- When dry, Suprasorb® Liquacel* can easily be cut to the size of the wound. The dressing should overlap the wound edges by approx. 1 cm.
- Loosely pack deep wounds to 85% with rope and leave approx. 2.5 cm extending past the wound edges.
Dressing change interval:
- To be determined by the attending physician based on the wound condition, level of exudate, and secondary dressing used, but no longer than 7 days.