Stabilisation orthosis for thumb and wrist
Fields of application
- immobilisation in cases of posttraumatic/postoperative irritation in the wrist or in the metacarpophalangeal or carpometacarpal joint
- thumb osteoarthritis, ulnar ligament lesion (‘skier's thumb’), STT osteoarthritis, tendovaginitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains
- holds the thumb in functional abduction and opposition
- fingers and thumb still able to move (pincer grip possible)
- high wearing comfort due to the breathable three-dimensional knitted fabric
- two mouldable volar aluminium splints and one thermoplastic insert in the thumb region for individualised stabilisation
- easy to apply thanks to an application aid and straps which go through plastic rings attached on alternate sides
- washable at 30°C, do not iron, do not tumble dry, do not bleach, do not dry clean
- remove the thermoplastic insert and aluminium stays and close all hook-and-loop fasteners before washing
Find our brochures as PDF files in our download section. Go to downloads
Stabilisation for the thumb and wrist
Overload injuries and degeneration in the hands requires special treatment. The Cellacare® Rhizocast Thumb/Wrist Orthosis can be used for tendovaginitis or thumb osteoarthritis, for example.
The thumb/wrist orthosis features a breathable three-dimensional knitted fabric with two volar aluminium stays and a thermoplastic insert in the thumb section which provides individualised levels of stabilisation. This thumb/wrist orthosis protects the thumb from external physical influences by means of the reinforcements used and the immobilisation of the thumb in a functional abducted/opposed position. Despite its stabilising function the metacarpophalangeal joints still have a full range of motion and the finger/thumb gripping motion remains fully functional.
Features which make this support easy to use
The thumb/wrist orthosis has an application aid and its retention straps go through plastic loops on alternating sides to make it easier to put on. It is used for immobilisation in cases of posttraumatic/postoperative irritation in the wrist or in the metacarpophalangeal or carpometacarpal joint. This orthosis is also used for thumb osteoarthritis, ulnar ligament lesions (skier’s thumb), STT osteoarthritis, tendovaginitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and sprains.
Product compositionpolyester, polyurethane, cotton, elastane, polyamide, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, aluminium, steel
|Size||Wrist circumference (cm)||REF||Shipping units (piece)|
|Version for the left side|
|2||17 - 24||19802||1/20|
|Version for the right side|
|2||17 - 24||19805||1/20|