Collagen Wound Dressing
Fields of application
Suprasorb® C is specifically indicated when there has been no change in wound status following treatment with other wound dressings.
- diabetic ulcers
- decubitus ulcers
- venous or mixed vascular ulcers
- secondary healing surgical wounds
- has a porous structure with highly pronounced capillary activity, allowing absorption of fluid
- promotes and accelerates formation of granulation tissue
- promotes wound healing*)
- Not for use in clinically infected areas, on wounds with extremely high amounts of exudate or with dry necrosis. Not for use in cases of known allergies to one or more product components.
Dressing change interval:
- Change of dressing and reapplication depend on the circumstances. If required, Suprasorb® C can be easily soaked off and removed with physiological saline solution. If there are high levels of exudate, change the dressing one or more times a day.
Find our brochures as PDF files in our download section. Go to downloads
The Suprasorb® C Collagen Wound Dressing has a porous structure with highly pronounced capillary activity, allowing absorption of fluid. This physical property allows continuous absorption of exudate, debris (such as necrotic tissue, fibrin slough) and inflammatory proteases and cytokines. This promotes and accelerates formation of granulation tissue. Migration of fibroblasts is induced and collagen synthesis is stimulated. The continuous supply of the defect with high-grade collagen during the granulation phase and at the start of the epithelisation phase supports the formation of endogenous collagen fibrils and fibres. The repair of the wound base promotes the necessary profileration and migration of epidermal cells. This promotes wound healing.*
* the statements on performance are largely basedon non-clinical studies.
How to apply
1. Preparing the wound: Cleanse wound thoroughly. The surrounding skin should be clean and dry.
2. Applying the wound dressing:
- Open the sterile pouch and remove the dressing under aseptic conditions.
- Cut the Suprasorb® C Collagen Wound Dressing to the required size and shape with sterile scissors and normally apply dry, ensuring that the side facing downwards in the pack is applied to the wound.
- If there is little or no wound secretion, we recommend moistening Suprasorb® C with physiological saline solution or Ringer’s solution prior to application.
- Press down gently on the dressing for better contact with the wound surface. Ensure that no part of the wound is left uncovered.
- Ensure that Suprasorb® C remains moist on the wound, combine with other products that maintain a moist wound environment (e. g. Suprasorb® H Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing), where appropriate.
Product compositioncollagen from calf skin
|Dimensions (cm)||REF||Shipping units|
|4 x 6 x 0.8||20481||5/225|
|6 x 8 x 0.8||20482||5/180|
|8 x 12 x 0.8||20483||5/90|