Using ReadyWrap to meet the practical and economic challenges of managing lymphoedema.
Ellen’s objective was to decrease treatment time and improve cost efficiencies by moving patients to self-care. 20 patients took part in an evaluation of ReadyWrap.
“ReadyWrap® helps me to control costs and my patients take control of their lives.”
Patients were instructed on how to:
- debride skin (if applicable) and prepare the wound bed at home, prior to treatment
- apply ReadyWrap to treat and maintain oedema to prevent recurrent swelling and ulceration
- perform correct application and record clinical improvements
Clinicians recorded the time it took for each treatment episode, frequency of visits and overall treatment time.
- frequency of treatments reduced from 3 to 2 per week
- treatment time reduced, on average, from 1 hour to 30 minutes
- reduced treatment time meant more time for patient care
- patients showed improved mobility, greater independence, more control and better quality of life
“Our patients need a lot of time but we have cost = time restriction. In addition we are short on clinical staff to see the patients every day!”
For Ellen’s clinic, ReadyWrap means shorter overall treatment times, a reduction in the cost of clinic staff and less time spent in clinic by patients.
1) Ellen Kuijper-Kuip, Skin and oedema therapist – MediSkin – Total Skin Care; Jeanette Muldoon, Activa Healthcare Ltd., L&R UK. Meeting the practical and economic challenges of managing skin and wounds using self-care as an option for patients with lymphedema. Annual Meeting of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA), Amsterdam, 3–5 May 2017
Read more about our solutions:
ReadyWrap for arm ReadyWrap for leg Woundcare