War in Ukraine: L&R has supported with donations worth over EUR 780,000 to date
Rengsdorf/Vienna, 5 October 2022 - Almost seven months after the start of the war in Ukraine, Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R) is once again providing an update on its aid measures. Already on the day after the war began (24 February), L&R delivered its first shipment of medical products. Many more donations of wound dressings and other medical products were provided over the next weeks and months. In order to help quickly, unbureaucratically and according to need, an emergency aid budget was set up. After the first days of the war, L&R concentrated its support efforts mainly on activities in the countries near Ukraine with L&R subsidiaries: Poland, Croatia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Hungary. An employee donation account was also set up.
Wolfgang Suessle, CEO of the L&R group: "At L&R, we focus on people and the care of their health. This is also what our corporate claim People.Health.Care. states and this is concretely reflected, among others, in our commitment to people who are suffering hardship through no fault of their own. In 2022, these are especially the victims of the terrible war in Ukraine. It was and is important to us to help quickly, unbureaucratically and in a needs-oriented manner. I am very proud of the many L&R employees who have donated or have become personally involved in L&R Ukraine aid and continue to do so. We have not raised such a comprehensive volume of donations ever before in the history of L&R!"
- The L&R support is worth more than EUR 780,000 (as of 1 September 2022).
- In total, more than 250 pallets of medical products were donated to various hospitals directly in Ukraine or to other recipients, mainly aid organisations that support war victims in Ukraine or in neighbouring countries.
- As of the beginning of September, the donation account set up for L&R employees had an amount of more than 7,500 EUR. This amount was transferred into further donations of medical products - especially urgently needed products for wound care and first aid. The subsidiary L&R Croatia organised the transport of the products to hospitals in Ukraine with the help of the Ukrainian Embassy in Zagreb.
- The most recently released donation went to the L&R donation partner organisation Human plus e.V. in mid-September, which received 8 pallets of wound care products. They delivered them, together with other donated products, to a hospital in Mykolajiw in southern Ukraine.
- A newsticker on the L&R website documents most of the fundraising activities.