Edema and fibrosis pads
SwellSpots™ are professionally designed treatment pads that tuck into garments or under bandages. Use them any time, day or night, to address particularly troublesome areas of edema, fill concavities, or diffuse pressure points. They can also be customized to provide a unique solution*.
* SwellSpots™ can be custom made. If your custom Swell Spot is put into standard production, you’ll be given the option to name it before it goes into the catalog.
Designed to Fit Your Needs
Each Swell Spot is made to to address particularly troublesome areas of edema. Whether it is filling concavities, contouring over and around prominences, or just padding bony areas, these small Swell Spots™ offer big relief!
How Do Swell Spots™ Work
Swell Spots™ utilize the same core principles of fluid dynamics and lymphatic stimulation as our Tribute™ and Caresia™ lymphedema products. When used with your bandaging or compression garment protocol, Swell Spots' unique foam particles nestle into tissue to create localized tissue stretch and pressure differential. This tissue stretch opens initial lymphatic gaps to encourage re-absorbtion of interstitial fluids and particles. This means Swell Spots™ help break up fibrosis and move fluid where it needs to go!
Most of our Swell Spots™ use grey colored fabric which has a unique purpose. The grey fabric is specifically designed to be used against your skin in order to provide a gentle grip, keeping your Swell Spot™ in place and helping to create the localized tissue stretch necessary to move fluid and break up fibrosis.
Easy to Use, Easy to Care For
Swell Spots are made with the same materials that we use in each of our Tribute garments, that means that taking care of your Swell Spots™ is as easy as using them in your current lymphedema protocols. To wash your Swell Spots™, just toss them in your washing machine with a normal load of laundry and machine dry (remember, do not use bleach or fabric softeners in the washing and drying process). For additional care instructions and helpful hints, please refer to your Swell Spots™ user guide.
Fields of application
Why use Swell Spots?™
- Proprietary fabric is comfortable, breathable, wickable, and provides thermal release.
- Grey microfiber fabric grips skin and encourages gentle tissue stretch to help open the initial lymphatics and encourage reabsorbtion.
- Helps break up tough fibrotic tissue while protecting delicate skin.
- Evenly disperses irregular pressures to prevent compression hot-spots.
- Arterial insufficiency or degeneration
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Untreated congestive heart failure
- Localized or systemic infection
- Untreated Cancer
- Absent or severely impaired sensation