Every wound deserves a clean start
“With Debrisoft, debridement is an easy, safe and quick procedure which is virtually painless for patients”
Debrisoft is a quick, effective and virtually painless method of debridement producing rapidly visible results in 2-4 minutes which speak for themselves. Synthetic fiber pile absorbs and removes debris from the wound bed and surrounding skin. Debrisoft's precision cut pile spares viable granulation and epithelial tissue.
- The soft fibre side is thoroughly moistened with a wound irrigation solution and wiped over the wound and the skin surrounding the wound, applying gentle pressure and using circular movements.
- The bevelled fibre tips loosen debris and exudate from the wound as well as skin flakes and keratosis from the skin surrounding the wound.
Note: Moisten the wound well with wound irrigation solution before use!
- removes debris effectively, quickly and easily
- spares newly formed granulation tissue and already established epithelial cells
- high patient acceptance, because it is virtually painless to use
Composed of 100% unbleached polyester with a back layer made from polyacrylic (free of colophony and colophony derivatives).
The European Wound Management Association (EWMA) has published a document on the topic of debridement in which Debrisoft (monofilamnet fiber pad) is discussed.
|Size||REF||Shipping Units (pcs.)||Weight in kg (SC/TC)|
|4" x 4" (10 x 10 cm)||31222||5 per box||0.06/0.60|
Fields of application
- Debridement of both acute and chronic wounds:
- diabetic ulcers
- venous ulcers
- pressure ulcers
- burns, traumatic and operative wounds
- to absorb exudate, debris and keratosis during debridement
- 18 million beveled fiber tips gently loosen debris effectively from the wound and protect intact tissue
- fiber composite also absorbs dead skin flakes and keratosis from the skin surrounding the wound
- safe and easy to use with rapidly visible results
- soft fibers make it virtually painless in use and increase patient acceptance
- to be used for debridement only – must not be left on the wound
- can be used each time the wound dressing is changed, as required
- should be used until the wound is thoroughly cleansed and has progressed from the cleansing phase to the granulation phase
- for better results with hyperkeratotic or necrotic wound debris, treat the wound with an autolytic debridement prior to using Debrisoft
- the soft fiber side may be moisten with any common cleansing solution