Medical Conditions

    Below are some of the conditions that L&R USA INC. products can help manage and alleviate. For more information on our product lines, please visit the products section.

    What is Lymphedema?

    Lymphedema is a swelling that occurs most often in someone's arms or legs (although it can occur anywhere). The swelling occurs when a blockage in the lymphatic system prevents lymph fluid from draining adequately. And as the fluid accumulates, the swelling continues. Unfortunately there is currently no cure for lymphedema, but it can be controlled through diligent care, therapy, and self-maintenance.

    Keep reading about lymphedema

    What is Venous Insufficiency?

    Venous Insufficiency (also known as Chronic Venous Insufficiency or CVI) occurs when blood is no longer pumped effectively from the lower legs. This causes peripheral veins to remain filled with blood which may result in swelling, skin changes, or even ulcerations (you can read more about venous ulcers a bit farther down this page). It's estimated that approximately 7 million people in the United States are living with CVI.

    Keep reading about Venous Insufficiency

    What are Venous Ulcers?

    Venous Ulcers (also known as Stasis Ulcers or Venous Stasis Ulcers) are a type of wound or open sore that develops in the legs when veins aren't able to move blood as they should. As venous ulcers are slow to heal and often recur, prevention is key.

    Keep reading about Venous Ulcers

    What are Varicose Veins?

    Varicose Veins are gnarled, swollen veins that typically occur in the legs and lower extremities. Generally speaking varicose veins are simply a cosmetic concern, however, in rare instances they may lead to more serious conditions such as ulcers or blood clots.

    Keep reading about Varicose Veins
    Disclaimer: The information on this website is for education purposes only and should not be used for diagnosing or treating any health problem or condition. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your physician or another medical professional.