Because actions count.
As a large corporate group we are very aware of our responsibility to our employees, our customers and to society in general. This is why we consider both our commitment to environmental and social causes and our training and education efforts to be a natural part of our business activities.
Because actions count – Sustainability at L&R
L&R is a sustainably run company. Our commitment is reflected in the three pillars of sustainability which are manifested as binding guidelines in our corporate strategy as well as in many projects and long-term initiatives.
The L&R Group has a long tradition of sustainable actions and corporate responsibility. Based on our brand values, we balance our responsibility to be financially successful with our responsibility to the environment, our employees and society at large.
In the L&R Sustainability Report we transparently describe our commitment in these areas. In addition, in terms of our corporate strategy for sustainability we continually refine the areas where we are actively in dialogue with our internal and external contacts.
Our sustainability statement
- We commit ourselves to sustainable corporate development and to meeting our civic responsibilities: financial, social, ecological, ethical and cultural.
- The basis for this are internationally recognised societal, cultural and ethical values, the respective applicable laws and standards and our internal compliance guidelines. A policy of equal opportunity, regardless of gender, religion, ethnic or social background, is important to us.
- As an autonomous corporate group we ensure our long-term financial success with a policy of strategic growth and proportionate rates of return, which is consistent with the values of a family-run company.
- Our products and solutions are appreciated for their quality due to ongoing optimisation that factors in the underlying economic and ecological conditions.
- A clear commitment to protecting our environment is an important guiding principle for our business activities. This policy furthers our tradition while continuously improving our competitiveness.
- Acting in an ecologically sustainable manner starts with product development, continues with manufacturing and dispatch and includes the use and disposal of our products.
- In all areas of the company we make sure to use resource-conserving processes and production methods, environmentally-friendly materials, and logistics that conserve energy and protect our environment.
- We proactively meet this responsibility through systematic optimisation in defined areas, involving all employees and working together with customers, suppliers and service providers.
- We are committed to acting in a socially responsible manner toward our employees, clients, suppliers and society at large.
- The development and qualification of our employees is a key factor for L&R’s long-term success. Our responsibility toward our community also extends to educating and providing advanced training to our customers who directly and indirectly use our products and services.
- The health and safety for our employees at their place of work, as well as the safety of patients and healthcare professionals when using our products, is very important to us.
- We also give back to society by offering attractive training positions as well as providing rapid aid in catastrophe and crisis situations and targeted support for selected social causes.
L&R: EcoVadis Silver Medal for Sustainability
The L&R Group has again achieved silver status in the 2022 EcoVadis sustainability ranking, an internationally recognised sustainability rating platform. This achievement is an important recognition of our sustainability measures and engagement. With a score of 59 points, L&R was able to improve on last year's result. L&R is thus among the top 25% of the companies evaluated by EcoVadis!
UN Sustainable Development Goals: Our Focus
The "Agenda 2030" defined by the UN in 2015 comprises a total of 17 global goals. L&R actively incorporates these SDGs into its strategic planning and has also set smart targets for the most relevant SDGs. This makes L&R's sustainability activities clearly measurable.
Here you can download the L&R booklet on the first selected SDGs in English.