Smart and cool dynamic hydrogel dressing.
Suprasorb G is a smart, dynamic hydrogel dressing, designed to manage moisture and wound pain while gently removing necrotic tissue. Its cooling and soothing effect provides wound pain relief for the patient.
A Hydrogel: high water content, approx. 70%; acrylic polymers, approx. 30%
B Transparent carrier film made from polyethylene
C White application aid made from polyethylene
D Blue carrier grid made from polyethylene
- Outer film layer is impermeable to bacteria
- Absorbs exudate, wound debris, MMPs, and cytokines into the dynamic hydrogel matrix
- Donates moisture to rehydrate dry areas, support moist wound healing, and support autolytic debridement
- Remove sterile dressing from the package.
- Peel off one half of the white plastic liner, position on the wound or skin, smooth into place and peel off the remaining half. For treating larger areas several dressings may be used side by side. For smaller areas/wounds, dressing may be cut to size.
- Secure with a suitable secondary dressing, bandage, tape, or compression system where applicable.
For increased fluid capacity, remove outer film layer prior to covering with secondary dressing. Suprasorb G dressings may be stacked if top film layer is removed.
- Lift one corner and gently peel off the dressing.
- If needed, the dressing can first be soaked with saline solution to rehydrate it, then peeled off as described in Step 1.
Features and benefits
Smart moisture management
Suprasorb G is an ionic hydrogel dressing with a highly dynamic fluid management capacity. Suprasorb G satisfies changing hydration needs of the wound by donating moisture to a dry wound and absorbing exudate from wet wounds.
Cooling pain relief
Suprasorb G reduces pain by cooling inflamed tissue, soothing irritated skin, and bathing the nerve endings in a moist environment 1)
Gentle autolytic debridement
In addition to reducing wound pain, Suprasorb G contributes to wound bed preparation by generating and maintaining the appropriate moisture level for autolytic debridement and granulation. Autolytic debridement has been shown to remove barriers to wound healing such as necrosis, slough, fibrin and biofilm, and to reduce time to healing. Wound debris softened by Suprasorb G is far more readily removed during dressing changes and through cleansing or mechanical debridement with virtually painless Debrisoft and Debrisoft Lolly selective debriding products.
|Size||Item No.||Shipping Units (per box/case)|
|5 cm x 6.5 cm (2ʺ x 2.5ʺ)||33630||5/400|
|10 cm x 10 cm (4ʺ x 4ʺ)||33631||5/150|
|20 cm x 20 cm (8ʺ x 8ʺ)||33632||3/60|
Fields of application
Suprasorb G is indicated for the management of dry to moderately exuding chronic and acute wounds, including but not limited to:
- Venous leg ulcers, including under compression
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Moderate burns including radiotherapy burns
- Skin tears
- Malignant wounds and palliative care
- Extravasation injury
Hampton, S., (2004) “Comparing local (controlled) and national (uncontrolled) evaluations of ActiFormCool”, Poster Presentation: Wounds UK conference, Harrogate, November 2004.