PU foam dressing
Suprasorb® P absorbs wound exudate quickly and efficiently, as the fine-pored PU foam material provides a very good capillary effect right at the base of the wound.
The material conforms to any wound base. The special surface structure of the Suprasorb® P wound contact layer – the all-rounder in wound management – is gentle on easily injured surfaces like healing wounds. The semi-permeable PU carrier layer provides an adequately moist wound environment. The dressing reliably maintains its shape even after fluids have been absorbed. Impermeable to bacteria and water*.
Suprasorb® P is easy to apply and pleasantly soft and comfortable to wear. Suprasorb® P is available in three versions: non-adhesive, self-adhesive, and sacrum. The self-adhesive version has an additional skin-friendly adhesive edge.
* Suprasorb® P non-adhesive
|Dimensions (cm)||Wound pad (cm)||REF||Shipping unit|
|7.5 x 7.5||4 x 4||20416||10/100|
|10 x 10||6 x 6||20417||10/100|
|15 x 15||10 x 10||20418||5/50|
|20 x 15||15 x 10||20419||5/50|
|5 x 5||20405||10/100|
|7.5 x 7.5||20406||10/100|
|10 x 10||20407||10/100|
|15 x 15||20408||5/50|
|20 x 15||20409||5/50|
|20.5 x 18||14.3 x 12||20415||5/50|
Fields of application
- wounds with moderate levels of exudate
- superficial wounds
- non-infected wounds
- in all phases of wound healing, e.g. :
- pressure and other ulcers
- skin graft donor sites
- post-operative wounds
- very good wound healing due to reliable exudate management
- high wearing comfort due to the soft, supple material structure
- easy assessment of wound exudate
- PU membrane repels bacteria and fluids
- maintains a moist wound healing environment and thereby assists the natural healing process
* Suprasorb® P non-adhesive
Dressing change interval:
- To be determined by the attending physician in accordance with individual wound condition, degree of exsudate, and secondary dressing used, but no longer than 5–7 days. Change the dressing immediately when the wound edges begin to discolour.
- Suprasorb® P can be used as a secondary dressing with wounds at risk of infection within the scope of a regular antimicrobial therapy regimen.
- When dry, Suprasorb® P can easily be cut to the size of the individual wound. The dressing should overlap the wound edges by approx. 2 cm.
Phil Davies, Marc Rippon: “Comparison of foam and hydrocolloid dressings in the management of wounds: a review of the published literature”, World wide wounds (2010)
Michael Schmitz: “Haptiktest Suprasorb P WCL” ASS GmbH, Bocholt, data on file (2012)
Bernhard Lange-Asschenfeldt, Annette Schätzle, Christiane Zell, Gabriele Stern, Ulrike Wagner, Reinhard Schaupp, Martin Abel: “Evaluation of ergonomic aspects in the daily routine of a new foam with a wound contact layer” (2013) EWMA 2013 Copenhagen; WundDach 2013 Friedrichshafen (Poster)