Suprasorb® A + Ag
Antimicrobial Calcium Alginate Dressing
Suprasorb® A + Ag reduces the microbial load directly in the wound bed and is therefore especially suitable for wounds that are infected or at risk of infection - including MRSA or VRE*. In addition to having these properties, Suprasorb® A + Ag is also a soft and supple wound covering that readily conforms to any wound bed.
The high exudate absorption capacity of Suprasorb® A + Ag comes to the fore particularly with wounds with high levels of exudate. Suprasorb® A + Ag forms a gel on contact with exudate. Bacteria and microbes are trapped in this gel, creating a moist wound environment and cleansing the wound. The high exudate absorption capacity generally promotes wound healing.
* Pathogen spectrum detected in vitro, see Instructions for Use
Product compositioncalcium alginate fibre
Suprasorb® A + Ag
|Dimensions||Weight (g)||REF||Shipping units|
|5 cm x 5 cm||20570||10/100|
|10 cm x 10 cm||20571||10/50|
|10 cm x 20 cm||20572||5/20|
Fields of application
For the care of superficial or deep wounds with high levels of exudate that are infected or at risk of infection.
- pressure ulcers
- arterial ulcers
- venous ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- post-operative wounds
- skin graft donor sites
Suprasorb A + Ag Wound Dressings / Packing Rope can be used for the treatment of wounds at risk of infection and infected wounds.
- broad antimicrobial activity, including against MRSA and VRE*)
- ability to absorb high volumes of exudate promotes wound healing
- conformability to any wound bed
- forms a gel, creating a moist wound environment and helping reduce the microbial load
Dressing change interval:
- The intervals at which Suprasorb® A + Ag must be changed are determined by the treating physician. Depending on the level of exudate, the wound dressing can remain on/in the wound for up to 7 days.
For infected wounds:
- Use an occlusive secondary dressing only if the physician so decides based on the overall situation