Calcium Alginate Dressing
The high exudate absorption capacity of Suprasorb® A promotes wound healing. The absorption of wound exudate causes the exchange of sodium ions with calcium ions, forming a gel. Bacteria and debris are trapped in the gel, creating a moist wound environment.
Suprasorb® A not only promotes wound healing but also offers a high degree of comfort due to its exceptionally soft structure and ease of packing.
Product compositioncalcium alginate fibre
Fields of application
For the care of non-infected superficial or deep wounds with high levels of exudate.
- arterial ulcers
- venous ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- skin graft donor sites
- pressure ulcers
- high comfort due to a particularly soft structure and easy wound packing
- ability to absorb high volumes of exudate promotes wound healing
- conformability to any wound bed
- binding of bacteria and cell debris in the gel
- creates a moist wound environment
Dressing change interval:
- To be determined by the attending physician in accordance with individual wound condition, degree of exsudate, and secondary dressing used, but no longer than 5-7 days.
Advice for infected wounds:
- Use an occlusive secondary dressing only if the physician so decides based on the overall situation