Calcium Alginate Dressing
Fields of application
For the care of non-infected superficial or deep wounds with high levels of exudate.
- arterial ulcers
- venous ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- skin graft donor sites
- pressure ulcers
- high comfort due to a particularly soft structure and easy wound packing
- ability to absorb high volumes of exudate promotes wound healing
- conformability to any wound bed
- binding of bacteria and cell debris in the gel
- creates a moist wound environment
Dressing change interval:
- To be determined by the attending physician in accordance with individual wound condition, degree of exsudate, and secondary dressing used, but no longer than 5-7 days.
Advice for infected wounds:
- Use an occlusive secondary dressing only if the physician so decides based on the overall situation
Find our brochures as PDF files in our download section. Go to downloads
The high exudate absorption capacity of Suprasorb® A promotes wound healing. The absorption of wound exudate causes the exchange of sodium ions with calcium ions, forming a gel. Bacteria and debris are trapped in the gel, creating a moist wound environment.
Suprasorb® A not only promotes wound healing but also offers a high degree of comfort due to its exceptionally soft structure and ease of packing.
Product compositioncalcium alginate fibre
|5 cm x 5 cm||20440||10/100|
|10 cm x 10 cm||20441||10/100|
|10 cm x 20 cm||20442||10/100|
|30 cm x||20445||5/50|