Suprasorb® P sensitive
Silicone Foam Dressing
Suprasorb P sensitive is a silicone foam dressing especially for sensitive skin61) . Its multilayer construction provides dynamic exudate management for an optimal moist wound environment62) . The silicone wound contact layer minimises the risk of adhesion to the wound and pain for the patient during dressing changes63) . The outer protective film is waterproof and repels bacteria, while also being permeable to water vapour.
Suprasorb P sensitive is available in three versions depending on the degree of exudate: “border”, “border lite” and “non-border”
heel (with super-absorbent core)
sacrum (with super-absorbent core)
multisite border (with super-absorbent core)
multisite border lite (without super-absorbent core)
tracheo (without super-absorbent core)
Suprasorb P sensitive
|Dimensions (cm)||Wound pad (cm)||REF||SC/TC|
|border (with super-absorbent core)|
|8.5 x 7.5||5 x 4.5||139068||10/200|
|10 x 10||6.2 x 6.2||139061||10/200|
|12.5 x 12.5||8.5 x 8.5||139062||10/200|
|15 x 15||10.5 x 10.5||139069||10/150|
|20 x 20||15 x 15||139070||10/100|
|border lite (without super-absorbent core)|
|5 x 5||2.5 x 2.5||139080||10/240|
|10 x 5||6 x 2.5||139081||10/200|
|8.5 x 7.5||5 x 4.5||139086||10/200|
|10 x 10||6.2 x 6.2||139083||10/200|
|15 x 9||10.5 x 5||139087||10/200|
|20 x 10||15 x 5||139088||10/150|
|non-border (without super-absorbent core)|
|5 x 5||139350||10/240|
|7.5 x 7.5||139455||10/150|
|10 x 10||139351||10/100|
|20 x 10||139352||10/150|
|15 x 15||139353||10/100|
|20 x 15||139456||10/100|
|20 x 20||139354||10/100|
|sacrum (with super-absorbent core)|
|17.5 x 17||12.5 x 12||139355||10/100|
|23 x 23||17 x 16.5||139556||10/100|
|heel (with super-absorbent core)|
|25 x 23.5||19 x 17.5||139356||10/100|
|multisite border (with super-absorbent core)|
|15 x 12||10 x 7||139357||10/100|
|7.5 x 9.5||3.5 x 5.5||142075||10/300|
|16 x 20||11.5 x 15.5||142076||10/200|
|multisite border lite (without super-absorbent core)|
|7.5 x 9.5||3.5 x 5.5||142077||10/300|
Fields of application
- For treating the following wounds:
- acute and chronic
- moderately to heavily exuding
- superficial or deep (where necessary, for deep wounds apply a packing rope as primary dressing)
- pressure ulcers
- leg and foot ulcers
- traumatic wounds
- surgical wounds*)
- skin tears
- upon medical advice, can be used as a secondary dressing for infected wounds and wounds at risk of infection
- Suprasorb P sensitive tracheo non-border can be used for covering skin areas around tracheal cannulae and other drains.
*Suprasorb P sensitive border and Suprasorb P sensitive border lite
- Wound healing stages:
- exudation phase, granulation phase and epithelialisation phase
- Silicone wound contact layer is suitable for fragile skin.
- Minimises pain to the patient and trauma to wound and the surrounding skin when the dressing is removed or repositioned.
- Efficient exudate management reduces the risk of maceration and maintains moist environment.
- Easy application with 2 or 3 liners, which allows to not touch the adhesive with gloves.
- Great conformability in awkward areas.
- Gentle on the skin.
- Can be used as part of a prophylactic therapy to prevent pressure ulcers.**)
- Saves time thanks to longer dressing change intervals.
**Suprasorb P sensitive border
Pukki, T., Tikkanen, M., & Halonen, S. (2010). Assessing Mepilex Border in post-operative wound care. Wounds UK,6(1), 30-40.
Barrows, C. (2009). Enhancing Patient Outcomes-Reducing the Bottom Line:
The Use of Antimicrobial Soft Silicone Foam Dressing in Home Health. Home Healthcare Now, 27(5), 279-284.
Davies, P. (2008). Evidence review: the clinical benefits of Safetac technology in wound care. Journal of wound care.