Suprasorb® X + PHMB
Antimicrobial HydroBalance Wound Dressing
Suprasorb® X + PHMB is an antimicrobial wound dressing that acts against a broad spectrum of pathogens, such as MRSA and VRE*. Very rapid and virtually complete release of polyhexanide (PHMB) from the dressing has been demonstrated in vitro within 24 hours.
Depending on the wound status, Suprasorb® X + PHMB either donates moisture to the wound or absorbs excess exudate. This creates a moist environment perceived by patients as pleasant and pain-relieving.
The material used in Suprasorb® X + PHMB allows it to conform readily to any type or depth of wound, making it particularly suitable for awkward parts of the body.
* Pathogen spectrum detected in vitro, see Instructions for Use
Product compositionwater, cellulose, 0.3 % polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB/polihexanide)
Suprasorb® X + PHMB
|Dimensions (cm)||REF||Shipping unit|
|5 x 5||20540||5/90|
|9 x 9||20541||5/80|
|14 x 20||20542||5/65|
|2 x 21||20543||5/130|
Fields of application
For the care of superficial or deep wounds with slight to moderate amounts of exudate that are infected or at risk of infection.
- arterial and venous ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- pressure ulcers
- superficial 2nd degree burns
- post-operative surgical wounds
- skin grafts
- skin graft donor sites
- abrasions, lacerations
Suprasorb® X + PHMB Antimicrobial HydroBalance Wound Dressings / Packing Rope aid wound healing or reduction of the wound area of wounds at risk of infection or infected wounds.
- moisture can be donated to the wound or excess exudate absorbed
- creation of a moist wound environment
- atraumatic dressing changes
- easy to conform to the wound’s particular shape and depth
- especially suitable for areas of the body which are difficult to dress
- the moist environment with a cooling effect is perceived by patients as pleasant and pain-relieving
- antimicrobial action against a broad spectrum of pathogens, such as MRSA and VRE*.
- When treating infected wounds, the wound dressing should not be the only therapeutic measure used, but rather should be supplemented by drug therapy at the discretion of the treating doctor in accordance with local clinical protocols.
Please contact a doctor or nurse if any of the following symptoms should occur:
- change in colour and/or odour of the wound
- stagnant wound healing
- clinical signs of infection
Dressing change interval:
- The intervals at which Suprasorb® X + PHMB must be changed are determined by the treating physician based on the wound condition.
- Should the dressing dry out, there must be adequate rehydration, with an application time of at least 10 minutes before removal.
Find our brochures as PDF files in our download section. Go to downloads